Body Procedures Houston
Body Sculpting in Houston, TX
Excess body fat can be a difficult thing to lose. Even if you commit to eating a healthier diet and exercising on a regular basis, there are certain problem areas on the body that just won’t respond to traditional methods of weight loss.
Weight gain and the effects of aging can also have a noticeable negative impact on your skin, which can negatively affect the appearance of your body. Loose sagging skin can make you feel self-conscious about the appearance of your body, which can give you a negative self-image.
A negative body image can damage your self-esteem, decrease your self confidence, embarrass you in a swimsuit or evening wear, and even cause concerns with intimacy. If this sounds like you, and your body isn’t what you’d like it to be, despite a good diet and exercise regimen, cosmetic surgery can help you enjoy a more scupted, youthful look. Board certified Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Donna Rich will help you articulate your concerns and expectations about your body and offer the right options so you can realize your goals!
The two most common body procedures at Bayview Plastic Surgery in Webster, TX, near Houston, are Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) and Lipoplasty (Liposuction).
Individuals with excess stomach fat, sagging abdominal skin, loose abdominal muscles, and stretch marks can address all of these issues through abdominoplasty. Generally referred to as a “tummy tuck,” an abdominoplasty in our Houston plastic surgery office removes excess fat and skin, tightens the abdominal muscles, and eliminates most, if not all, stretch marks from your abdomen.
The improvement in your figure can be quite dramatic, leading many of our Houston patients to say that they have more clothing and bathing suit options after the procedure, that their clothes fit better, and that they feel more confident overall! A “mini” abdominoplasty can sometimes be performed when the full procedure is not required, usually resulting in a shorter incision line.
This procedure is also ideal for women who suffer from a separation of the abdominal muscles (diastasis recti) due to the effects that pregnancy has had on their abdomen.
Now among the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures, liposuction (also known as “lipoplasty” or “suction lipectomy”) sculpts your body by removing undesirable fat from areas around the thighs, knees, buttocks, waist, hips, abdomen, chin, cheeks, neck, back and/or upper arms. Liposuction is also used to reduce the size of a man’s chest if he suffers from gynecomastia.
Liposuction offers a way to precisely remove body fat, which provides patients with the personalized aesthetic results they are looking for.
Other Body Sculpting Procedures include:
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)– A surgical re-contouring of the arms to give them a more sleek and toned appearance. This procedure addresses excess sagging skin and fat that has accumulated on the upper arms. A T-shaped incision is typically made along the underarm to allow for the removal of the excess tissue.
- Body Lift — A “lifting” of the entire trunk (abdomen, flanks and back) and sometimes of the buttocks and thighs. This is the ideal procedure for patients who have a number of problem areas on their lower body and for patients seeking a more comprehensive surgical rejuvenation procedure.
- Buttock Lift — Most often accompanied by a body lift. A butt lift is accomplished by making several incisions along the bikini line, which helps to conceal any post-surgical marks. Excess skin and fat are removed from the lower back and hips, and the buttocks is lifted to create a more curvaceous and attractive shape. The buttocks can also be lifted and augmented by using fat taken from other areas of the body, like the abdomen, and injecting it into the buttocks for added volume. This option is known as a Brazilian butt lift.
- Labia Reduction — This surgical option is ideal for women suffering from enlarged, asymmetrical, or overly thick inner and outer labia, which can be unsightly and may produce discomfort during numerous physical activities, including sexual intercourse. During the procedure, excess labial tissue is carefully trimmed for a natural, symmetrical, and attractive appearance.
- Thigh Lift — A surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the upper legs. Patients who have both excess fat and sagging thigh skin will benefit more from the thigh lift procedure than a liposuction procedure.
There are several important things to know before deciding to undergo any body procedure. Women who plan on becoming pregnant should wait until after they have given birth before undergoing this type of procedure; the effects that pregnancy can have on the body can have a noticeable negative impact on the results of your procedure.
It is also extremely important that you commit to maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle after your procedure. Although surgery can provide noticeable improvements to your appearance, weight gain can reverse the results provided by surgery.
During your initial consultation, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Donna Rich will perform a thorough examination of the areas of your body you are seeking to improve. Dr. Rich will also listen intently to your specific issues with your appearance and will ask about what you are seeking to accomplish with the procedure. She will use this information to produce a customized surgical plan that will address the specific aesthetic issues that you are looking to correct.
To learn more about each of these procedures, visit our Virtual Education Library.