Body Procedures Houston
Body Sculpting in Houston, TX
A negative body image can damage your self-esteem, decrease your self confidence, embarrass you in a swimsuit or evening wear, and even cause concerns with intimacy. If this sounds like you, and your body isn’t what you’d like it to be, despite a good diet and exercise regimen, cosmetic surgery can help you enjoy a more scupted, youthful look. Board certified Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Donna Rich will help you articulate your concerns and expectations about your body and offer the right options so you can realize your goals!
The two most common body procedures at Bayview Plastic Surgery in Webster, TX, near Houston, are Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) and Lipoplasty (Liposuction).
Generally referred to as a “tummy tuck,” an abdominoplasty in our Houston plastic surgery office removes excess fat and skin, tightens the abdominal muscles, and eliminates most, if not all, stretch marks from your abdomen. The improvement in your figure can be quite dramatic, leading many of our Houston patients to say that they have more clothing and bathing suit options after the procedure, that their clothes fit better, and that they feel more confident overall! A “mini” abdominoplasty can sometimes be performed when the full procedure is not required, usually resulting in a shorter incision line.
Now among the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures, liposuction (also known as “lipoplasty” or “suction lipectomy”) sculpts your body by removing undesirable fat from areas around the thighs, knees, buttocks, waist, hips, abdomen, chin, cheeks, neck, back and/or upper arms. Liposuction is also used to reduce the size of a man’s chest if he suffers from gynecomastia.
Other Body Sculpting Procedures include:
- Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)– a surgical re-contouring of the arms to give them a more sleek appearance.
- Body Lift — a “lifting” of the entire trunk (abdomen, flanks and back) and sometimes of the buttocks and thighs.
- Buttock Lift — most often accompanied by a body lift or may be lifted and augmented with fat taken from other areas of the body.
- Labia Reduction — a reduction of large labia or reshaping of uneven labia.
- Thigh Lift — removes excess skin and fat from the upper legs.
To learn more about each of these procedures, visit our Virtual Education Library.